A Meeting at Corvallis (Emberverse #3) (Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Emberverse series.
- #1: Dies the Fire (Emberverse #1) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #2: The Protector's War (Emberverse #2) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #4: The Sunrise Lands (Emberverse #4) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #5: The Scourge of God: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse #5) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: The Sword of the Lady: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse #6) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #7: The High King of Montival: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse #7) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #8: The Tears of the Sun: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse #8) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #9: Lord of Mountains (Emberverse #9) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #10: The Given Sacrifice (Emberverse #10) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
In the tenth year of the Change, the survivors in western Oregon have learned how to live in a world without technology. The city-state of Corvallis has preserved its university, and trade flourishes via riverboats and horse-drawn railways. Under the strong hand of Michael Havel, the Bearkillers hold the lands west of Salem in peace and order. And in the eastern half of the Willamette Valley, the Clan Mackenzie flourishes under the charismatic leadership of Juniper Mackenzie, bard and High Priestess. Together, they have held the Lord Protector, Norman Arminger-the warlord of Portland-at bay. With his dark fantasies of a neofeudal empire, Arminger has extended his power over much of the Pacific Northwest, spreading fear with his knights, castles, and holy inquisition. Even more dangerous, and perhaps Arminger's most powerful weapon of all, is the ruthlessly cunning mind of his consort, Lady Sandra. The tensions between these factions have been building for some time, and the only reason they haven't confronted one another on the battlefield is because Arminger's daughter has fallen into Clan Mackenzie's hands. But Lady Sandra has a plan to retrieve her-a plan that threatens to plunge the entire region into open warfare.
About the Author
S. M. Stirling is the author of numerous science fiction and fantasy novels, including the popular Nantucket series that began with "Island in the Sea of Time."
Former radio broadcaster Todd McLaren has been heard on more than 5,000 TV and radio commercials; narrations for documentaries on such networks as A&E and the History Channel; and films. His book narrations have earned him a prestigious Audie Award as well as a "Publishers Weekly" Listen-Up Award.
"Comes up to Stirling's highest standards for pacing, world building, action, and strong characterizations, particularly of women." ---Booklist Starred Review